There are several situations that might make you want to change your gtbank mobile phone number or even the email address you used in opening your bank account, maybe you lost the sim card or your network provider blocked the mobile number. The reason is best known to you.
You are here, looking for a way to change your gtbank phone number or email address used in opening your bank account, well that’s so easy to do, and you don’t need to go to any gtbank branch. I’ve been in a similar situation whereby my network provider(mtn) blocked my sim cause of the sim registration issue, and i desperately need to use the number for my banking service, so i had to change the number immediately.
The method i used is what i’m going to show to you right now and here on missybanker.
How to change gtbank phone number
There are two ways which you can update or change gtbank phone number, one is through the ATMs and the other is through internet banking or the gtbank mobile app(gtworld).
However going to the atm can only change your phone number, but you can’t change your email address registered with the bank. To change your email address, you will use the internet banking account or mobile banking app or you contact GTconnect through mail in order to change your email address.
You can as well go to the bank to do that as well, if you don’t mind be on a queue just to get the customer representative to help update your phone number or email me linked to your bank account.
I will only discuss the two methods which i used in updating or changing my gtbank phone number and email address.
Through The ATM
Below is a well detailed guide on how to change your bank phone number(Guaranty Trust Bank) and this is the latest method.
1. First you need to have your naira debit card with you (atm card), head to any gtbank atm. Please it must be a Guaranty trust bank automated teller machine(atm). On getting to the atm, insert your card, followed by typing in your pin number.
2. Take a look at the atm screen, you’ll see Perform Other transaction, select this option, and next you will see is MoreServices. Also enter the number for it.
3. When you enter the number for MoreServices, next you will see on the screen is update phone number. All you’ve to do is to enter your new phone number and click on proceed. And this is followed by you typing in your four digit pin number to confirm and finalize the update.
Through Internet Banking
If you have internet banking account with gtbank, or mobile banking, you can change both your account phone number and email address. Using the atm only updates or change your phone number, but can’t change your email address used in opening your gtbank account.
Follow the process below to change your password gtbank phone number through internet banking.
1. First login to your internet banking account or your mobile banking app, and click on Click “Self Service.
2. Next is to click on Customer Information Update, followed by New Request. You’ve to Select Account Number, and also Select Update Type “Email address or Mobile number”.
3. Type in or enter your new Mobile number. You will be given a question to answer and enter the Answer to your Secret test Question
4. Click submit, and enter the token generated code sent to you and click on submit. Your new mobile number will be updated on your gtbank account within 24 working hours.
If you don’t have internet banking account or haven’t registered for mobile banking, going to the atm or contacting GT connect / going to the bank is the only for you.
MORE POSTS ON GTBANK
With the above, you will easily update or change your gtbank phone number and email address. Your questions and suggestions are welcomed.